As of August 1, 2018, Facebook is no longer allowing the importing of content from Facebook Pages unless those pages have an OAuth connection. This means that un-authenticated Facebook Page Feeds on your platform will stop importing on August 1, and will only resume import once the below OAuth process is completed and the connection is restored. Content will continue to import, even without OAuth, until August 1.
What is OAuth?
OAuth (Open Authorization) is a token-based authentication practice adopted by websites that allows site users to share their information on one site with another, without sharing their login credentials or other sensitive data. Facebook is changing its rules on how and what information other websites can collect from its pages, limiting direct imports with other sites (like Dynamic Signal) only to its pages that receive authentication from a Facebook Page Admin.
Connecting your Facebook Page via OAuth involves the following two procedures:
- Verifying the authenticating manager’s Admin status on the Feed’s Facebook Page.
- Authenticating the Facebook Feed.
How to Verify Admin Status on a Facebook Page
To allow managers to share to their Facebook Business page, they must have "Task Access" or "Business Account Access" within Facebook's New Pages Experience. Note that managers with "Facebook Access" will not be able to share to the Business Page.
To edit or add managers to the Facebook Business Page:
- Login to your Facebook Business Page
- Go to Settings>New Pages Experience>Page Access
- Click the three dots next to the user to change access type or add a new manager under "People with Task Access
To verify whether someone is an Admin on a Facebook Page, perform the following steps:
- Identify the Facebook Page that needs to be authenticated (i.e. the one importing to your Feed).
- Verify Facebook Page Admin status of the authenticating manager by going to the Facebook Page, then going to Settings > Page Roles.
The Existing Page Roles section is just below Page Owner. (In the below screenshot, the Page Owner is Dynamic Signal, but it’s usually an individual). The Community Manager authenticating the feed should be an Admin on this page.
- If the authenticating manager is an Admin on the feed’s importing Facebook Page, they are ready to follow the below procedure.
How to Authenticate Your Facebook Feed
To authenticate your Facebook Page feed(s) for import, perform the following steps:
- Just below your Dynamic Signal Dashboard You’ll see a Reconnect: Facebook Page. From your Dashboard, go to Content > Feeds.
- You’ll see an option to Fix your un-authenticated Facebook Feed(s). Click Fix next to Connected.
- You’ll be directed to Feed Settings as usual. Click Authorize Feed, select the relevant Facebook Page(s), and click Choose.
- If your account hasn’t connected a Facebook Page, you’ll see this prompt:
- If your Facebook account is an Admin on multiple pages, you’ll see this prompt:
- Once you’ve chosen the relevant source pages, your Facebook Feed will be authorized.