You can send a message to a member from the Members menu or from the Member Profile page. Any message you send will be visible to all Community Managers. To send a private message to a member, you must send it from the community.
Send a Message to a Member
- Go to the Messages page at Members > Messages
- In the messages page, click either Compose New Message or Message a Member.
- In the New Message region, enter the name of your recipient in the Name field and type your message.
- Click Send.
Send a Message from the Member Profile page
- Go to the Members page at Members > Members.
- Find the member you want to message and click on their name.
- In the Member Profile page, to the right of the member's image, click Message.
- In the New Message window, enter your message and click Send.
noteYour message will be visible to all community managers. To send a private message, you need to send the message from your Community rather than from the Manager app.
noteSome communities may send a New Message email notification when you receive a new message. If that message is read within 15 minutes of receiving it, the New Message email notification will not be sent.