Note: In order to achieve consistency across all email providers, hyperlinks in newsletters are underlined as default. These will be visible in both the Previews, as well as Newsletter delivery. Additionally, we advise against applying formatting to hyperlinks as they may not appear as formatted in your email client.
- To create a Newsletter, go to Content > Newsletters and click + Blank Newsletter or one of your previously saved Newsletter Templates.
- In the Newsletters window, enter a Name for the newsletter.
- In the Divisions dropdown menu, select the division of the members targeted for the newsletter.
- In the Recipients field, enter the name of the names or groups of recipients to receive the newsletter.
- Optionally, Newsletters may be sent to specific Members, Groups, or Divisions instead of the entire Community. To send to specific Members or Groups, click Refine under Recipients and begin typing the names of the respective Member(s) or Group(s). To send to specific Divisions, do not click Refine, and instead select the appropriate Division(s) from the drop-down menu under Divisions.
- You may find that the Header, generic Rich Text section, and the Footer are prepopulated, but you can edit these modules as desired by adding / removing content.
- Optionally, between each section, click Add Module to add a Rich Text section or a Post. If you are adding a Post, you can search for Post Titles.
- Personalized Tokens can also be added in the Header, generic Rich Text section and the Footer.
- To rearrange the order of your content sections, click and drag from the Handle icon.
- To delete a section, click the X icon.
- Click Preview to view your newsletter and, if desired, send yourself a test email.
- Click Save to Save your Newsletter as-is. This is useful if you'd like to take a break from working on the Newsletter, and come back to it later.
- Click Create Template From Newsletter to save this Newsletter as a Template for future Newsletters.
- Click Broadcast Now to configure the Broadcast settings for the Newsletter.
Please see the following article for details regarding image size and character limits in Newsletters - What are the correct dimensions for photos in a newsletter?