Display Language allow users to navigate the platform in the Display Language of their choice – this option will only affect the community interface. It does not translate any content/ posts in the community.
For Platform Managers:
- Before setting up your Display Languages, it is necessary to have completed the setup of all hardcoded items in the platform, such as Category, Target, Division names, Community Settings disclosures, etc.
- Display Languages can be enabled on the platform by your Customer Success or Implementation contact. When requesting, please provide the languages you would like to have enabled and let them know what you wish your default Display Language to be.
To manually translate the various sections of the platform, complete the below step:
- In the Dynamic Signal app, go to Admin> Advanced > Copy Customization and use the drop downs at the top to select the relevant Category/Language:
- Display Language preferences are not set by the user during registration. If a user is registering for the platform on mobile, and the display language that their device is in has been translated on the platform, the registration flow and ongoing experience on mobile will be in the device language.
- A member can change display language in settings
- If Copy Customization is not complete, navigation would default to the default platform language
- When Display Language is enabled, and Post translation is enabled, users can translate eligible posts within the platform on the news feed.
- Display languages can be updated in bulk using the bulk update tool
*The platform will look at the user's Browser Language (or Mobile Device language) and display that Copy Customization to them first. For example, if the user's Browser language is set to Spanish, then they will see the copy on the screen automatically translated (by their browser) to Spanish.
The Display Language setting is the language that the copy is initially presented in, however a user's Browser Language could override it. For this reason, it's advisable to have the Browser Language set to the same language you'd like to view the platform in.