The Branding page lets you customize the look and feel of your Community. The branding assets unless indicated otherwise, are all available from Admin > Community Settings > Branding.
Example Branded Community
What can I do with Branding?
Branding allows you to configure the following:
- Community Name
- Community URL
- Primary Color - can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector available. If no color is specified, the default DySi primary color of #026daf will be used.
- Primary Color for Mobile Apps - can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector available.
- Square Logo - must be at least 180 x 180 pixels (in png, gif, or jpg format) and will automatically be cropped to a square image.
- Cover Image - recommended 1440 x 200 pixels on web and desktops (in png, gif, or jpg format), and does not display at all on mobile.
- Mobile Registration Code - can be no more than 8 characters in length and must be unique on the platform.
Additionally, there are optional branding features that can be configured that include:
- Browser Icon (Favicon) - This image should be a square image in either PNG or ICO format with a resolution of 32 x 32.
- Custom Email Template Banner - Rectangular Custom Banners look better on the platform than square ones. It's best to make your Custom Banners wider than they are tall.
- Featured Content Gallery
1. The Community Name will be applied to several different areas of your Community. It will show up in the page title in the web browser, as well as added dynamically to emails set from the Community. It is recommended to select a community name that is unique to the platform and can be used in your promotion strategy.
2. The Community URL is the web location that will be used to access your community on the Internet. It can be either a standard URL like http://[name].voicestorm.com or a custom URL that can be a subdomain of or an existing company domain like http://[name].company.com, or a fully customized domain like http://name.com that is owned and managed by you or your company's IT department.
3. The Primary Color is the color of interface elements such as links and buttons. You can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector on the right side of the box. If no color is specified, the default DySi primary color of #026daf will be used.
4. The Primary Color for Mobile Apps only affects your Mobile App, and will be the color of the splash screen when the app is loading, as well as the color of the interface from the Category dropdown to the top of the device. You can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector on the right side of the box.
5. The Square Logo is used on the splash screen for the mobile app, the top-left of your Community's header in the web experience, and when switching Communities. The Square Logo is also automatically applied to your Email Templates, but can be removed from Email Templates by going to Admin > Community Settings > Email Templates. The Square Logo must be at least 180 x 180 pixels (in png, gif, or jpg format) and will automatically be cropped to a square image. Take care to ensure the color of the logo doesn't clash with the Primary Mobile Color; we recommend a flat white logo be used where possible.
6. The Cover Image is displayed across the top of your members' News Feed and Featured Content Gallery. It displays at 1440 x 200 pixels on web and desktops, and does not display at all on mobile. There is no one size fits all for Cover Images; it will display differently on smaller screens, cropped on the left and right sides.
You can download the Cover Image template below to ensure your image is in the safe zone. The template is an Adobe Illustrator file with a size of 360k.
Downloadable Cover Template
7. The Mobile Registration Code is an alternative to finding the community via email. e.g: DYSIOPEN and must be configured by DySi from the mobile app during registration on the voicestorm mobile app. It can be no more than 8 characters in length and must be unique on the platform.
A Browser Icon, also referred to as a favicon, is typically displayed either in the address bar or next to the page’s title on the tab within your browser. This image should be a square image in either PNG or ICO format with a resolution of 32 x 32. If no browser icon is specified, the default "D" Dynamic Signal logo will be used instead.
A Custom Email Template Banner can optionally be added to the Community's Email Templates at Admin > Community Settings > Email Templates
The Featured Content Gallery gives your members a front-and-center look at the most important stories in your company. It's 980 pixels wide, and overlaps the last 50 pixels of the Cover Image.
The below images show how the Featured Content Gallery and the Cover Image are displayed on both web and mobile: