Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based team collaboration tool, included as part of Office 365. Dynamic Signal integrates with Teams to enable community managers to easily broadcast sharing opportunities to any connected Teams and enables a public News Feed that displays the Dynamic Signal content. Approved content will appear in selected Teams, streamlining mass communication and making sharing and engagement an easy part of an employee’s daily routine.
To set up your Teams integration and share posts to a Team and to access the News Feed, complete the following procedures.
- Connect to Teams
- Install the Dynamic Signal bot
- Add News Feed Tab
Connect to Teams
- Go to Admin > Integrations > Microsoft Teams.
- Click on Microsoft Teams, this should lead you to the Microsoft Teams Integration Page. Click Connect to Microsoft Teams. Note: the connection to Microsoft Teams must be done by an Office 365 Admin on your company's tenant.
- Depending on whether you're logged in, you may see a screen asking you to select an account and login.
- Once authenticated, you will be prompted to grant permissions to the Dynamic Signal Broadcaster Bot. Click Accept.
- If all steps have been followed correctly you will now see the below confirmation screen in the Manager App.
Install the Dynamic Signal Bot
To send Broadcasts from the Dynamic Signal dashboard to a Team Channel, you will also need to install the Dynamic Signal bot from the Teams app store. This can be done in two ways: from within Teams or from the Dynamic Signal Admin Console (backend).
Add Dynamic Signal bot from the Teams app store:
- Navigate to the Microsoft Teams app catalogue and select the Dynamic Signal app
- Start typing to select the Team to which you want to add the bot. Note: You may add the Dynamic Signal Bot to multiple teams within a single tenant. Then click Install.
- Next, select a Channel where you wish to interact with the Bot, then click the Set Up button. Note: the bot will be accessible (and able to relay broadcast messages) in all channels in a Team to which it is added.
- That's it, you're done. You should see this confirmation message in main Channel of the team to which the bot was added.
Bulk add/remove Dynamic Signal bot from the Manager App
Once “Connect to Teams” step is done the list of the Teams from the tenant are displayed on the page.
Select the Teams that the connected user is either owner or member of and click on “Add App/Remove App” to add/remove the bot from selected Teams. It is important to note, that the connected user has to be included in the Team for Dynamic Signal to be able to broadcast to that Team.
Send a Broadcast to a Microsoft Teams Channel
To share a post in a Team's Channel, complete the following steps.
- Go to the Posts page at Content > Posts and click the post you want to broadcast.
- In the Post Details page, click New Broadcast.
- Select the Post to Microsoft Teams checkbox, which expands the Post to Microsoft Teams window, and start typing the name of the Channel to which you want to post. The Dynamic Signal bot must be a member of the selected channel in order to post in it.
- Optionally, select the Custom Message checkbox and enter a custom message to appear with your broadcast.
- Click Send Broadcast.
- You have now sent a broadcast to your selected Teams Channel. Your broadcast will appear in your selected Teams channel(s) with your custom broadcast messaging followed by either a View Post link or a Share link, depending on whether external sharing is enabled for that post or not.
Add Public News Feed Tab
Add Teams URLs as Trusted Domain
- In your Dynamic Signal community, select Admin --> Advanced --> API.
- Scroll down and click the Edit button by the API Settings.
- Add teams.microsoft.com,*.azureedge.net,*.ngrok.io,*.azurewebsites.net URLs, separated by a comma from the community domain (usually, *.voicestorm.com).
- Click Save
Accessing the Public News Feed tab
- Go to Teams App/site on desktop
- Click on the overflow menu (…) and search for “Dynamic signal”
- Click on "Add"
- Optional – App can be pinned for yourself by right clicking on the app (this does not pin the app for other users). Look into “Pin the app across the tenant for multiple users” to pin the app for other users.
Public News Feed Features
If the “Connect to Teams” step is not done, then the below screen is displayed to enter the community code or community URL. It is advised to use this temporarily to try the look and feel as the session is not persistent across different users/platforms.
Once the community is connected the News Feed screen has 4 tabs and a category switch (all these settings are per user session and cannot be saved across different platforms/users)
This can be accessed by clicking on the ham burger menu to the left in “public news feed” tab. By clicking on the category, you should be able to see the content from that specific category.
Control the number of posts for each load by changing the number in the settings page. As you scroll down it loads those number of posts at a time.
FAQs & About page
These two tabs will have additional information regarding the functionality of the app