What is a Favicon: A Browser Icon, also referred to as a favicon, is typically displayed either in the address bar or next to the page’s title on the tab within your browser. This image should be a square image in either PNG or ICO format with a resolution of 32 x 32. It is helpful for making the platform seem like a more branded and internal tool for users.
Global Managers can update a community's favicon in the Branding page of the Manager app.
tipTo ensure full browser compatibility, it is preferable to have an .ico file with a 24 bit colour profile - especially with oranges and yellows.
Saving a favicon from a webpage:
- Identify a webpage with the favicon you wish to apply to your community.
- Open the source code of the site and do a CTRL-F search for "favicon"
- If you see a link to an image like this (https://dynamicsignal.voicestorm.com/favicon.ico) you can open it and then save the file
- If you do not find a .ico file in the source code you can try adding "/favicon.ico" to the base URL of the site which will normally work as well.
To update the favicon for your community:
- Go to Admin > Community Settings > Branding
- Scroll down to Browser Icon (Favicon) and load the image
- Done! Sometimes it can take up to 1 hour for the icon to refresh so don't be alarmed if it does not display immediately.