Creating a Post
We’ve added more robust posting control for Content Managers from within the Member Apps (Web, iOS, Android), so that content can be created and approved outside of the Manager App. All Content Managers’ permissions and privileges are carried into Mobile Publisher so that they can select categories and targets, and even enable/disable sharing.
New accessible features include: Image Gallery, Attaching Documents, Rich Text Editing, Post Preview, and Post Notifications (if enabled)
New “Create” CTA (iOS)
Add Categories & Targets
Managers can select from the Targets and Categories they manage as well as any Categories that are open for User Submitted Posts.
- Targets behave as they do in the Manager App
- If a Manager chooses a UGC category, they will not have access to Targets, Post Preview, Sharing, or Post Notifications
- They will still be able to create an Image Gallery, Attach Documents, and have access to Rich Text Editing.
- Managers can select multiple categories, but only within one group (e.g. “Categories You Manage” or “Open Categories”).
- Categories are searchable on mobile and web, with Targets searchable on web only
- Searching for Targets on mobile will be added during the beta
Add Image Gallery
Create an Image Gallery post by selecting up to 16 images to attach. Managers can view and remove images before posting.
Managers an attach up to 5 documents to their posts, with a 50MB max ea. Supported files: pdf, txt, doc, ppt, xls, docx, pptx, xslx, ics, png, gif, jpg, mp3, aac, ai, psd.
Importing a post works similar to the Member experience today, importing the Post into the body and images included. Editing the description of imported URL posts is available in the post preview page.
Preview a Post
Now managers can edit the description that is displayed in the feed card for posts created with Mobile Publisher. The description editor is located in the preview page so that Managers get a “what you see is what you get” experience. Descriptions default to the first 300 characters of the post.
For Managers with Broadcasting Privileges: Notify Members
Use the new Post Notifications to send a Broadcast to the category subscribers/Targets selected for the post.
- When using Mobile Publisher, recipients will receive an email, push, and in-app notification with the Post Title as the Headline.
- To manage the channels that recipients receive a Post Notification Broadcast, posts must be created in the Manager App.
- The Headline cannot be changed when Post Notification is selected.
- When “Notify Members” is selected, a Broadcast will automatically be sent to all subscribers or targets selected.
- All the analytics can be viewed in the Post Details page in the manager app.
Keywords: Manager Lite