Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based team collaboration tool, included as part of Office 365. Dynamic Signal integrates with Teams to enable community managers to easily broadcast sharing opportunities to any connected Teams. Approved content will appear in selected Teams, streamlining mass communication and making sharing and engagement an easy part of an employee’s daily routine.
To set up your Teams integration and share posts to a Team, complete the following procedures.
- Connect to Teams
- Install the Dynamic Signal bot
Connect to Teams
Ask your Customer Success Manager to enable your Microsoft Teams Channel Configuration. Once enabled, complete the following steps to connect to Microsoft Teams.
- Go to Admin > Integrations > Microsoft Teams.
- Click on Microsoft Teams, this should lead you to the Microsoft Teams Integration Page. Click Connect to Microsoft Teams.
- Depending on whether you're logged in, you may see a screen asking you to select an account and login.
- Once authenticated, you will be prompted to grant permissions to the Dynamic Signal Broadcaster Bot. Click Accept.
- If all steps have been followed correctly you will now see the below confirmation screen in the Manager App.
Install the Dynamic Signal Bot
To send Broadcasts from the Dynamic Signal dashboard to a Team Channel, you will also need to install the Dynamic Signal bot from the Teams app store.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Teams app catalogue and select the
- Start typing to select the Team to which you want to add the bot. Note: You may add the Dynamic Signal Bot to multiple teams within a single tenant. Then click Install.
- Next, select a Channel where you wish to interact with the Bot, then click the Set Up button. Note: the bot will be accessible (and able to relay broadcast messages) in all channels in a Team to which it is added.
- That's it, you're done. You should see this confirmation message in main Channel of the team to which the bot was added.
Send a Broadcast to a Microsoft Teams Channel
To share a post in a Team's Channel, complete the following steps.
- Go to the Posts page at Content > Posts and click the post you want to broadcast.
- In the Post Details page, click New Broadcast.
- Select the Post to Microsoft Teams checkbox, which expands the Post to Microsoft Teams window, and start typing the name of the Channel to which you want to post. The Dynamic Signal bot must be a member of the selected channel in order to post in it.
- Optionally, select the Custom Message checkbox and enter a custom message to appear with your broadcast.
- Click Send Broadcast.
- You have now sent a broadcast to your selected Teams Channel. Your broadcast will appear in your selected Teams channel(s) with your custom broadcast messaging followed by either a View Post link or a Share link, depending on whether external sharing is enabled for that post or not.