Facebook Messenger is a messaging app and platform that lets users send messages, exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files. Dynamic Signal integrates with Messenger to enable community managers to easily broadcast sharing opportunities to users’ connected Messenger accounts. Approved content will appear as a new message in a user’s Messenger app, making sharing and engagement an easy part of an employee’s daily routine.
To set up your Messenger integration and broadcast to Messenger, complete the following procedures.
- Enable Messenger Integration
- Connect Your Messenger Account
- Broadcast Content to Messenger
Enable Messenger Integration
To enable your integration with Facebook Messenger, complete the following steps.
- Go to Admin > Integrations > Facebook Messenger.
- Click the Enabled checkbox.
- Click Save.
Connect Your Messenger Account
Before you can receive broadcasts from Messenger, you need to connect to your Facebook Messenger account. To connect to Messenger, complete the following steps.
- From your Member Profile page, go to Settings > Notifications.
- At the bottom of the page, click Send to Messenger to connect your Facebook account.
- Log in using your Facebook credentials, and you can receive Dynamic Signal messages in Messenger.
Broadcast Content to Messenger
When you send a broadcast to Facebook Messenger, the Recipients must include at least one user who has successfully connected to Facebook Messenger. To send your broadcast, complete the following steps.
- Go to the Posts page at Content > Posts and click the post you want to broadcast.
- In the Post Details page, click New Broadcast.
- At the bottom right of the New Broadcast page, select the Facebook Messenger Notification.
- Optionally, select the Custom Message checkbox and enter a custom message to appear with your broadcast.
- Click Send Broadcast.
- You have now sent your broadcast via Facebook Messenger! Your broadcast will appear as a new message in Messenger followed by a View Post and a Share Post.