By default, your community is created with a *.voicestorm.com URL. You may wish to change your community URL (domain) to a custom domain, using one of the following options:
- Create a subdomain of your corporate domain (e.g. ambassadors.mycompany.com)
- Create a new custom URL (e.g. companyambassadors.com)
Or you may already have a custom domain configured, but you may need to renew the a certificate that is about to expire. In all of these cases, the procedure is as follows:
Step 1: Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Log into the manager console and navigate to Admin > Advanced > Custom Domain.
- Note that you must be a Global Manager to access this page.
- Select the correct Certificate/Domain Type, then fill out the fields below.
- Once you have filled out all the fields, click Generate CSR. A .csr file should be downloaded at this time.
Step 2: Generate the SSL Certificate
- Provide the CSR (obtained in the previous step) to your IT team
- They will use the CSR to do one of the following. In either case, the certificate should be in Apache format:
- Generate an SSL certificate for the subdomain.
- Obtain or purchase an SSL certificate for the new top-level domain.
- Once you have the certificate, return to the Custom Domain page in the manager console and upload the .crt file under the "Step 2" section.
Step 3: Upload Certificate Authority (CA) Bundle (optional)
- If your IT team has provided a Certificate Authority Bundle, upload that in the Step 3 section.
- If not, you can disregard this section.
Step 4: Switching to the New Domain
- Once you are ready to permanently switch the community to the new domain (or renew the existing cert), click Submit a request to notify us.
- Depending on the type of domain you are switching to, there may be simple DNS instructions for the Step 4 section. If so, provide them to your IT; if not, we will provide them over the ticket.
- We then will notify you once the domain change is complete.
Keywords: SSL Server Certificate Renewal