Salesforce Chatter is an enterprise collaboration platform from Salesforce that can be used as a company intranet and is available in desktop and mobile versions. Dynamic Signal integration with Salesforce Chatter is intended for content that a Community Manager would like Chatter users to share externally, and has the following capabilities:
- All broadcasts into Chatter have a Share option
- If a post is shareable when posted to Chatter from Dynamic Signal, employees using Chatter can share the post from Chatter via a separate Dynamic Signal built technology.
- If you broadcast a non-shareable post to Chatter, employees can still click Share, and may get the impression a successful Share occurred, but an actual Share will not happen.
Community Managers can broadcast posts (sharing opportunities) in Chatter as a Chatter post. Members can then share these posts straight from the Chatter feed. A canvas app embedded in the Salesforce UI allows members to browse all the Dynamic Signal streams and share from within Salesforce. All of the above functionality is available both on Salesforce’s desktop UI and from their mobile app Salesforce1.
The Dynamic Signal process for integrating with Salesforce Chatter includes the following steps:
- Sign Up for a Salesforce Developer Account
- Install Dynamic Signal for Salesforce
- Configure Dynamic Signal
- Confirm Your Settings
- Test Your Integration