Before turning on your Community’s New Web Experience, Custom Links must be created for your Custom Pages. In the New Web Experience, Custom Links can be added to your Community’s header, footer, or as social accounts. These Custom Links will replace the static links that appeared in the menu panel of the previous web experience.
To link to Custom Pages, you must first create a Custom Page, then a Custom Link. To create custom pages and links, refer to the following procedures:
Create a Custom Page
- Ensure Custom Pages is enabled. Go to Admin > Community Settings > Custom Pages. If you do not see Custom Pages, please have your CSM turn them on.
- Go to Admin > Community Settings > Custom Pages to see a list of your custom pages. Click Create Page.
- In the custom page creation flow, enter a Name for your custom page and select Custom Link. Custom links appear in your choice of the header or footer of the Member App and Overflow Menu of the Mobile Apps.
- You’ll enter the custom page module creation flow; your custom page’s name is displayed in the top-left. Click Add Module.
- Select the module for your custom link – either content or video. For most custom links, you’ll want to select Content.
- Type or paste the content that will appear in the custom linked page and click Save.
Create a Custom Link
- Go to Admin > Community Settings > Custom Links.
- Select where the custom link will appear in the left-hand menu (Header, Footer, or Social Account) and click Add Link.
- In the custom link creation flow, enter the Name of your custom link (this is the name of the link that will appear in the header, footer, or social account). Then, select Custom Page and choose the custom page to be linked. Click Save.
Your custom link will now appear in your Community.