On July 11, 2018, Dynamic Signal will be releasing a New Web Experience for members. The New Web Experience streamlines the content submissions process and makes it easier to navigate around the platform, subscribe to categories, and share content. Before it can be accessed or previewed by your members, the New Web Experience must be turned on by a Community Manager.
Turning on the New Web Experience
To turn on the New Web Experience, perform the following steps:
- Go to Admin > Community Settings > Branding.
- In the New Web Experience section, turn on the New Web Experience under Enable Preview for Members.
- The New Web Experience also includes a Cover Image for your community, which you can add here. Recommended dimensions are 1440 x 200 pixels.
- The New Web Experience also includes a Square Logo which appears at the top of the Branding settings page; it can be added here. To ensure proper formatting, please ensure your logo’s dimensions are square.
Converting Your Showcase to Featured Content Gallery
In the New Web Experience, the Showcase and Media Gallery will now be merged into the Featured Content Gallery. This means that any posts in your platform currently assigned to the Showcase and Media Gallery content categories need to be updated to the Featured Content Gallery category, or they will not appear in the Featured Content Gallery. To convert your Showcase/Media Gallery to Featured Content Gallery, perform the following steps:
- Go to Content > Posts.
- In the Filter Posts menu on the left, open the Select Category dropdown and select Showcase. This will filter the posts you see to those in the Showcase content category.
- Select all posts in this list by selecting the Post check box at the top of the menu.
- The Filter bar will now have an ACTION dropdown on the right. Open the dropdown and select Edit Categories to edit the content category of all highlighted posts.
- From the Edit Categories menu, under the Categories to Add dropdown, select Featured Content Gallery. Click Save Changes.
- Click Done in the Bulk Update Request prompt. While the updates may not be immediately visible, feel free to keep using the platform as normal.
- Repeat steps #2 - #6 with the Media Gallery content category, adding the Featured Content Gallery category to all posts assigned to Media Gallery.