Bulk Updates can also be processed on a daily basis, as an automated daily member synch, by a customer sending their updated CSV file to Dynamic Signal via SFTP. Using the SFTP procedure to transfer CSV files can ease the process of synching your employee data with the program.
Your CSM can create a CSV file configured to process your bulk updates using the same process described above in the Create a Configuration section. Once your CSV file is configured it can be further edited for additional employee data bulk updates, and the bulk update process can be run on an ongoing basis as needed by delivering the file to Dynamic Signal via SFTP. When a CSV file has been configured and uploaded, it cannot be deleted.
To deliver your configured CSV file to Dynamic Signal for bulk updates to be run, use the following Logon process.
SFTP Logon Instructions
The following logon instructions apply to the uploading of the CSV files via SFTP for bulk updates:
- Sign in to any SFTP customer that supports key file log on to send the files for bulk updates.
- The Dynamic Signal CSM will send you a private key .pem file to log on to the FTP Customer
For example, the private key file is 111101.pem for the Member Id 111101.
- Download and open your FTP Customer and enter the host, membername, password and port received from your CSM
Host Name: 188.8.131.52
Server Port: 8228
Protocol: SFTP – SSH file transfer protocol
Logon Type: key file
Membername and Password: As instructed by your CSM
- Go to File > Site Manager > Enter Host and Port > Change Protocol to SFTP
- Change Logon type to Key File.
- Enter Member and Sphereid.
- Click Browse and select the private key file.
- Click Connect.