Digests are configured at Admin > Community Settings > Notification Settings
- Check the Box next to Content Digests to enable them
- Select the day / time which you'd like the Content Digests to be sent out
For Content Digest set to 'None - Pick from popular posts', the logic is now as follows for determining if a post is "popular" and will be included in a User's digest:
- It has not been viewed or shared by that user
- It is published and was published/made visible in the date range for the digest
- It is in the user's subscribed categories and custom targets
- It respects the user's language targeting
- It has the most shares/post views of all posts matching the above criteria
If a Category is chosen for the digest setting, all the above will still apply, but it must also belong to that category.
Feed posts are included as well. As a manager, if you do not see a post which you have assigned to the Digest Tag it could be due to the below scenario:
- Manager views a post.
- Manager then approves it and assigns it the Digest tag.
- The next day, most users (who haven't viewed or shared the post) see the post in their digest as expected.
- However, the manager doesn't see it in the Digest since they viewed it.
A Manager can verify if a Digest has been sent by following the below steps:
- A Manager who has a test account under another address can check if the digest has reached that inbox
- Or they can view another user's Interaction Log which meet the below conditions > Go to Communications tab and view the contents of the latest digest they received.
- Are subscribed to digests
- Their "Last Viewed" date (remember this means "most recent date that they have viewed a post") is more than a day or week ago (depending on digest frequency settings).
How are posts pulled for a Daily Digest? (in terms of time range)
Today’s 9/20 daily digest should and will only include posts with a Publish Date of 9/19. Even if you approved a post yesterday, but the post was actually published/submitted earlier than 9/19, it will not be included. In essence, after each daily digest goes out the timeline is reset. For a Monday post you are going to be able to have 3 days worth – Friday, Saturday & Sunday publish dates.
If the Digest is set to pull posts from a specific Category, the post must be both published and assigned to the correct category within the 12am-11:59pm timeframe.
Matching categories, targets, etc. will be checked for their current, not the previous day's status.
When we process the digests, the system checks the Publish Date to decide if the post is eligible to be included (along with the other criteria). This date can of course be changed if a manager goes to Edit Post > Publishing date. If, for instance, there are some posts that you want to be included in tomorrow's Digest, you can go change the Publish Date for those posts to today's date (assuming of course that they are approved and have the correct Category assigned).
Note about the digest send day
If today is Thursday and the manager changes the setting to "Send on Thursday" no digest will go out that day.