As mentioned previously, Content Targeting has the potential to become very complex very quickly. The scenarios below are commonly encountered issues, but each has a fairly simple solution.
- Every Member can see my Post
- A Member can see every post, but I have post targets set
- A Member cannot see a post that they should have access to
Every Member can see my Post
- A post with no targets set will be seen by all members. Make sure you set targets on any posts that need restricted viewing.
A Member can see every post, but I have post targets set
- If a member does not select a target (for example, selecting a Location), the member will not be able to see any posts with that specific target.
A Member cannot see a post that they should have access to
- Members will not see a post when there is a mismatch between the post targets and their member targets. For example, if a member moves from San Francisco to Seattle but does not update their Location target, they will not get content targeted for Seattle, though they may still get San Francisco content.
- The member also may not be subscribed to that Category, so you should check their subscription settings.
- Why does this happen? This approach ensures that content is appropriately restricted to the correct members.