As mentioned previously, Content Targeting has the potential to become very complex very quickly. The scenarios below are commonly encountered issues, but each has fairly simple ways to solve the given problem.
- Every Member can see my Post
- A Member can see every post, but I have post targets set
- A Member cannot see a post that they should have access to
Every Member can see my Post
- A post with no targets set will be seen by all members. Make sure you set targets on any posts that need restricted viewing.
A Member can see every post, but I have post targets set
- If a member does not select a target (for example, selecting a Location), the member will be able to see all posts for that target, unless restricted by another target the member has set.
A Member cannot see a post that they should have access to
- Members will not see a post when there is a mismatch between the post targets and their member targets. For example, if a member moves from San Francisco to Seattle but does not update their Location target, they will not get content targeted for Seattle, though they may still get San Francisco content.
- The member also may not be subscribed to that Category, so you should check their subscription settings.
- Why does this happen? This approach ensures that content is appropriately restricted to the correct members.