You can also choose to make your Category a Child by selecting a Parent Category for it in the Create Category page. You cannot choose a category that is already a Child Category when choosing a Parent.
When selecting their subscriptions in the Account Settings page, members have the following options for Parent and Child categories:
- Subscribing to the Parent content and all the Child Content
- Subscribing to all the Child Content, but not the Parent Content
- Subscribing to some of the Child Content, but not the Parent Content
The table and example below further describe member subscription options and how each option effects content visibility.
Parent/Child Category Example 1
For example, a Parent Category named Pop is set up with the Child categories of Modern Pop and Classic Pop. When a member selects their subscriptions in the Account Settings page, they have the following options:
- Subscribing to the Pop parent content and both the Modern and Classic Pop child content
- Subscribing to both Modern and Classic Pop child content, but not the Pop parent content.
- Subscribing to either Modern or Classic Pop child content, but not the Pop parent content.