This video will show you how to connect a content feed:
How to Connect a Content Feed
You can connect a feed by completing the following instructions:
- Go to Content > Feeds.
- To the right of the feed type you want to add, click New Connections.
noteStarting August 1, 2018, Facebook Pages will require authentication before you can connect the feed. The Facebook Pages account used to authenticate the feed must be a Manager/Admin role.
noteLinkedIn Pages require authentication before you can connect the feed. The LinkedIn account you use to authenticate must be a Manager/Admin role.
- Refer to the table below to select your Import Type.
noteThe Import Type option only applies to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter feeds.
Only imports linked articles within posts. Imported articles will be displayed as normal posts in the Community. Posts without links will not be imported.
Import Links from Posts
Your category is automatically selected when new members sign up, but they have the option to unsubscribe from the category. Selecting this check box does not affect existing Members. .
Import Links and Image Posts
Only imports linked articles and images within posts. Imported articles and images are displayed as normal posts in the Community. Posts without links and images will not be imported.
- For Twitter only: select the Feed Type.
Enter the URL or @username for the Twitter account you want to connect. This is the most common type of Twitter feed.
Periodically search all of Twitter for a keyword or hashtag.
- For all feeds, refer to the table below to enter your Feed Settings.
Enter a short and descriptive name.
The URL of the content source. Cannot be edited.
Add a description to explain to other Community Managers the nature of your feed.
#Hashtags, @Usernames or Keywords
Optionally, you can enter hashtags/usernames/keywords so that only posts with those identifiers will be imported.
noteSmartContent feeds have additional settings that govern how they search the web. Talk to your Customer Success Manager about SmartContent feeds.
- All newly created posts have default post settings. These settings do not apply to existing posts. Refer to the table below to enter your Default Settings.
Default Post Settings
Choose whether posts are instantly available or in a queue.
- Approve Immediately - posts will be instantly available to your members.
- Review First - posts are placed in a Pending content queue for approval.
Determines settings for your points.
- Not Shareable - prevents posts from being shared.
- Use Defaults - enables the default point settings to be used.
- Customize Points - allows you to customize the amount of points earned from Shares, Clicks, and Reactions for every post originating from that source.
You can choose whether or not Disclosure text will be appended to the end of members’ shares from this feed. You can also choose to customize the Disclosure text for a feed.
- Don't Include a Disclosure - No disclosure will be appended to members’ shares.
- Use Default Disclosures - The default disclosure text will be used.
- Customize Text - Prevents members from commenting or other internal actions related to posts.
Select a Category from the dropdown menu to apply to your post.
Select a Tag from the dropdown menu to apply to your post.
Select a Location from the dropdown menu to apply to your post.
Determines whether Internal Discussions will be available to your Members
- Display - Members can perform actions such as commenting on posts internally
- Hide- The default disclosure text will be used .
- Select a Division from the dropdown menu to apply to your post.
- Click Save.