To create a Broadcast, perform the following steps:
- From the Content tab, go to Broadcasts > Create Broadcast to enter the Broadcast creation flow.
- Add a Headline to your Broadcast.
When creating a broadcast from a post, the Headline is populated automatically. The Headline is also used for the default email subject line, push notification, or message for each Broadcast notification type (more information on Broadcast notification types below).
You can customize the Headline (and Message) with tokens to address recipients by name.
- Add a Message to your Broadcast.
The Message is included in both the email Broadcast and in recipient’s Notification Centers (Menu > Notification Center
- Select a Priority Level for your Broadcast (see Broadcast Priority Levels for information on Priority Levels).
- Add an Attachment your Broadcast (if applicable).
Adding a Post
as an attachment to your Broadcast will bring up the Post Settings
section. This section prompts you to select a Category and Tag for your Post. You can select multiple Categories and Tags.
In Post Settings, there are the following default Categories to choose from (though it’s likely your Community has enabled other Post Categories/Tags):
- Featured Content Gallery
- Media Gallery
And the following default Tags:
- Schedule your Broadcast.
Select Send Now
(default option) to send the Broadcast immediately. Selecting Later
will prompt you to specify a date and time for when your Broadcast will be sent. Click Add Another
to add more dates and times to send your Broadcast.
If you have multiple dates and times scheduled for a Broadcast with an attached Post, you can select the Exclude Members Who Have Already Shared
check box to have members stop receiving that Broadcast once they’ve shared its Post.
- Use the Notification section to determine who will receive the Broadcast, who sends the Broadcast, customize the Broadcast subject, and to customize the Notification type (see Broadcast Notification Types for more information on Notifications).
In the Create a Broadcast flow, you can have members request an acknowledgment that they’ve received a Broadcasted message (next to Priority Level).
Members will be prompted to acknowledge receipt of the Broadcast upon opening.