To create a Broadcast, perform the following steps:
- From the Content tab, go to Broadcasts > Create Broadcast to enter the Broadcast creation flow.
- Add a Headline to your Broadcast.
- Add a Message to your Broadcast.
- Select a Priority Level for your Broadcast (see Broadcast Priority Levels for information on Priority Levels).
- Add an Attachment your Broadcast (if applicable).
In Post Settings, there are the following default Categories to choose from (though it’s likely your Community has enabled other Post Categories/Tags):
- Featured Content Gallery
- Media Gallery
And the following default Tags:
- Schedule your Broadcast.
Staggering Broadcast Delivery will slowly send your emails over a period of time, instead of being sent all at once. We take the total number of recipients and divide them evenly across the entire time period (30 minutes). Check this box to prevent triggering your spam filters, or if you want to promote more organic sharing of content. If the attached post is sharable, Stagger Broadcast Delivery will be selected by default.
- Use the Notification section to determine who will receive the Broadcast, who sends the Broadcast, customize the Broadcast subject, and to customize the Notification type (see Broadcast Notification Types for more information on Notifications).
Members will be prompted to acknowledge receipt of the Broadcast upon opening.
Managers can resend a broadcast to members who have not viewed it, similar to the resend survey functionality that already exists. Managers can choose from groups of recipients.
- This does not create a new broadcast, so the broadcast / message cannot be edited.
- All analytics will roll-up to the original broadcast.
- Resending to a Member who has not acknowledged the Broadcast has been merged with this feature.