To access Registration Settings, click Admin > Registration > Registration Settings.
There are two settings for registration:
- Public sign-up
- anyone can register in your Community
- Preregistration only
- Members can sign themselves up only if their email address/email domain is whitelisted in the Community.
Your Community is configured to Preregistration Only by default. The main email domain for your company is already whitelisted.
There are three privileges for members and one option under Registration Options:
- Grant Authorship Privilege
- members can submit content by default
- Grant Sharing Privilege
- members can share by default
- Grant Commenting Privilege
- members can take part in internal discussions (likes and comments) by default
- Hide the Connect Channels
- members skip the Connect Channels step during on boarding
Authorship, Sharing, and Commenting are all allowed by default. You can change these settings at any time, before or during invitation send-outs. These settings don't affect members that are already added.
You can set a Starting Points award for programs that will use points as a currency, or to give new members a competitive chance on the leaderboards or in a points-based contest. These points are granted when a member's registration is finished. Points are set to zero by default.
In order to prevent registration spamming, you can enable the captcha threshold, so that repeated signups coming from the same IP address. This is set to zero by default.