The Branding page lets you customize the look and feel of your Community. To access Branding, go to Admin > Community Settings > Branding.
What can I do with Branding?
Branding allows you to set our Community's:
- Community Name
- Primary Color
- Mobile Accent Color
- Square Logo
- Custom Banner
- Cover Image
- Featured Content Gallery
1. The Community Name will be applied to several different areas of your Community. It will show up in the page title in the web browser, as well as added dynamically to emails set from the Community.
2. The Primary Color is the color of interface elements such as links and buttons. You can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector on the right side of the box.
3. The Mobile Accent Color only affects your Mobile App, and will be the color of the splash screen when the app is loading, as well as the color of the interface from the Category dropdown to the top of the device. You can use a hexadecimal color code, or use the color selector on the right side of the box.
4. The Square Logo is used on the splash screen for the mobile app, the top-left of your Community's header in the web experience, and when switching Communities. The Square Logo is also automatically applied to your Email Templates, but can be removed from Email Templates by going to Admin > Community Settings > Email Templates. We recommend a high resolution (around 1600x1600 pixels) logo, on a transparent background. Take care to ensure the color of the logo doesn't clash with the Mobile Accent Color; we recommend a flat white logo be used where possible.
5. The Custom Banner is used in the your Community's Email Templates.
6. The Cover Image is displayed across the top of your members' News Feed and Featured Content Gallery. It displays at 1440 x 200 pixels on web and desktops, and does not display at all on mobile. There is no one size fits all for Cover Images; it will display differently on smaller screens, cropped on the left and right sides.
7. The Featured Content Gallery can be turned on here. It gives your members a front-and-center look at the most important stories in your company. It's 980 pixels wide, and overlaps the last 50 pixels of the Cover Image.
The below images show how the Featured Content Gallery and the Cover Image are displayed on both web and mobile:
You can download this Cover Image template to ensure your image is in the safe zone. The template is an Adobe Illustrator file with a size of 360k.